To + Infinitive
Ngoài ra, ta có thể dùng “In order to + infinitive” và “So as to + infinitive”, để chỉ mục đích.
Use the words in brackets to answer the quesions. (Sử dụng các từ trong ngoặc để trả lời các câu hỏi.)
1. What did you phone her for? (Bạn gọi điện cho cô ấy để làm gì?)
2. What are you saving money for? (Bạn tiết kiệm tiền để làm gì?)
3. What does she practise singing all day for? (Cô ấy luyện hát cả ngày để làm gì?)
4. What are you learning French for? (Bạn đang học tiếng Pháp để làm gì?)
5. What does the monitor always go to class on time for? (Lớp trưởng luôn đi học đúng giờ để làm gì?)
Guide to answer
1. I phoned her to tell her the good news.
2. I’m saving money to buy a cassette player.
3. She practises singing all day to win the singing contest.
4. I’m learning French to sing French songs.
5. The monitor always goes to class on time to set a good example for the class.
Complete each sentence with the right form of a suitable verb. (Hoàn thành mỗi câu với dạng đúng của một động từ thích hợp.)
1. My father didn’t have time _____ the newspaper.
2. I wish I had enough money _____ a new bicycle.
3. I went to the post office _____ a letter.
4. He telephoned me ______ me to the party.
5. She’s going to Britain ______ English.
1. My father didn’t have time to read the newspaper.
2. I wish I had enough money to buy a new bicycle.
3. I went to the post office to post a letter.
4. He telephoned me to invite me to the party.
5. She’s going to Britain to learn English.
Ask questions for the underlined words/phrases in the following sentences. (Hỏi câu hỏi cho những từ/cụm từ được gạch dưới trong những câu sau.)
1. If it rains, I’ll stay at home and watch TV.
2. My father enjoys listening to classical music.
3. He left for Ho Chi Minh City last week.
4. James wants to talk to you.
5. We spent the evening playing chess last night.
6. The film starts at 8:00pm.
7. My favourite musician is Beethoven.
8. I like pop music because it helps me relax.
1. What will you do if it rains?
2. What sort of music does your father enjoy listening to?
3. When did he leave for Ho Chi Minh City?
4. Who wants to talk to you?
5. How did you spend the evening last night?
6. When does the film start?
7. Who is your favourite musician?
8. Why do you like pop music?