1. Unit 11 Lớp 12 Writing Task 1
Below are questions you have to answer when writing a report on a book, but they are jumbled. Work with a partner. Put the questions in the correct order.
(Dưới đây là những câu hỏi em phải trả lời khi viết bài thuyết trình về một quyển sách, nhưng chúng lộn xộn. Làm việc với một bạn cùng học, sắp xếp những câu hỏi theo thứ tự đúng.)
Questions to be answered
- What was your opinion of the book? (Ý kiến của bạn về sách là gì?)
- Where is the book set? (Sách được xuất bản ở đâu?)
- Would you recommend the book? (Bạn có muốn giới thiệu về sách không?)
- Who is the author? (Ai là tác giả?)
- What is the main theme of the story? (Chủ đề chính của câu chuyện là gì?)
- Who are the main characters? (Ai là nhân vật chính?)
- What is the title of the book? (Tựa đề của sách là gì?)
- What is the plot of the story? (Cốt truyện của câu chuyện là gì?)
- What type of book is it? (Sách thuộc thể loại nào?)
Guide to answer
- General introduction: 7, 4, 9
- What is the title of the book?
- Who is the author?
- What type of book is it?
- Summary of the book’s content: 2, 5, 6, 8
- Where is the book set?
- What is the main theme of the story?
- Who are the main characters?
- What is the plot of the story?
- Conclusion: 1, 3
- What was your opinion of the book?
- Would you recommend the book?
2. Unit 11 Lớp 12 Writing Task 2
Work in pairs. Ask and answer the above questions about a book you just read.
(Làm việc theo cặp. Hỏi và trả lời các câu hỏi trên về quyển sách em vừa đọc.)
Guide to answer
- A. Have you read a book lately?
- B. Oh, yes.
- A. What’s the title of the book?
- B. “The Sea Wolf”.
- A. Who’s the author?
- B. Jack London.
- A. What type of book is it?
- B. A novel on love and violence.
- A. Where is the book set?
- B. On a pirate’s ship on the Pacific Ocean.
- A. What’s the main theme of the book?
- B. Cruelty, Strength and Love.
- A. What are the main characters?
- B. Wolf Larsen, a cruel captain. Van Weyden and Maud Brewster.
- A. What’s the plot of the book?
- B. The story is about a literature researcher Van Wayden and a woman writer Maud Brewster, who were caught in a storm and rescued by a sealer owned by a cruel captain Wolf Larsen. On its way, the ship was caught in another storm and thrown on a deserted beach. They spent days in lack of food and suffered from severe cold. Facing a lot of dangers and cruelly, in the end Weyden and Brewster defeated Larsen’s inhuman actions. Their bravery and courage brought the true love and happiness to them.
- A. What’s your opinion on the book?
- B. It’s an interesting book.
- A. Yes, according to the main thoughts. I think it’s worth reading because it gives us a lesson: the true love and only with the true love can man find the true happiness.
3. Unit 11 Lớp 12 Writing Task 3
Write a report on the book you have read recently based on the results of Tasks 1 and 2.
(Viết bài tường thuật về quyển sách em mới đọc gần đây, dựa vào kết quả của Tasks 1 và 2.)
Guide to answer
Recently I’ve read a book. “Sea Wolf “ by Jack London. It’s a novel.
The story is set on a sealer owned by a cruel and strong captain. Wolf Larsen with two other characters, Van Weyden, a literature reseacher and a woman writer Maud Brewster. Through the whole story, it can be said the true love and charity can defeat the cruelty. In a word; the true love always wins. This book is a very interesting novel which evokes in our depth a human feeling about the strength of love.